Designing or redesigning any part of your home is a daunting task that requires patience and careful planning because you are obviously investing a lot of money into the process. Hence, as a first step, plan what needs to be done. What is the better way there to ensure that you have attended to all the essentials than by preparing a complete checklist?
Are you making plans for a new home or planning to redesign your bathroom? Then, here is a checklist that you must abide by in order to ensure that you have all the basic yet essential things that every bathroom must have.
- Budget – The very first thing you need to do is to set a budget that you intend to spend on bathroom decorations and stick to it. Do not go overboard rather make adjustments in your design.
- Time – Next, set a specific duration as to when you want the whole project to be completed. Time is money. Hence, if you spend more time designing your bathrooms, you will be shelling out more money. Rather if you finish it soon, you could end up saving some money.
- Flooring & Walls – Next decide on what you intend to do with the floors and walls. Any waterproof material will work and decide on the color you intend to use. Use colors that will make your bathroom appear bright but do not opt for light colors, as they tend to become dirty too soon.
- Ventilation – Ensure there is a provision for enough ventilation and an exhaust to maintain the hygiene of your bathroom.
- Electricals – Next, you need to make a list of how many light fixtures you need and where you can place them. In addition, check if you need a heater and decide on its location.
- Fittings & Accessories – Make a list of the necessary fittings that you think must be there in your bathroom. For instance, you cannot do without a commode, taps, shower, towel-cum-cloth hanger, toilet roll fittings, space to place your toiletries, etc and decide on the make of the fittings as well.
For more ideas on bathroom designs, read more at verellenhc and see if you have missed out anything or you would like to add more.