Buying is an exercise that has to be done with great caution – though it is improbable cannot rule out the fact that there have been occasions when we have resolved to buying by impulse. Notwithstanding, the right kind of knowledge could help make better buying decisions.
So, here and now, we share some valuable tips that should help you have a good return on your shopping escapade this summer.
- Draw up a budget: You’re not going to be spending all your earnings in the shop, right? Hence, make it a point of duty to come up with a budget – even before taking the next step.
- Do some research: It’s still down to gaining knowledge about the items that are available in the shops that come under your nose. You can check online to have an idea of what there is – window shopping may not be that bad anyway.
- Compare prices: While checking items from different stores, you should be mindful of the prices of the items. Seeing a collection of yves saint laurent bags cheap in a particular store does not mean you should trigger any purchase; they could be cheaper elsewhere.
- Take note of the markdown time: This is the best time to move the buying move but you will have some diligent watch; following up the events around the stores.
- Buy for the next season: That it’s summer should not limit your buys to summer wears alone, you can shop for accessories you can use all season long.
- Consider the refund policy: It pays to know the refund policy in place in the store; this is particularly vital when you are looking to buy some high-end stuff.
- Let the kids stay back at home: For you to concentrate on your purchase at the store, you do not take the kids along. It pays to go alone or maybe go with a friend.
- Pick only what you like: Make sure you are pleased with the item you’re selecting. However, you need to exercise a discipline so that you will not end up spending beyond your budget.
- Know where you’re headed: When it’s time to make the purchase, you should choose the specific store(s) to shop, and ensure that you have a good knowledge of the layout of the store.
- Click and collect: Go for the ‘click and collect’ option if it is available. Then you can click on the item online and pick up your items from shop. There could be something [more than what you’re buying] in store for you.
Other tips include:
- Try on the item – especially clothing apparels – before paying for any stuff.
- Check for any defect on the item of choice.
- Take cognizance of what other charges that might have been placed on the item.
- Strike a good rapport with the sales attendant.
- Beat the crowd to the purchase by getting to the shop early.